- 1 frozen banana
- 50g oats (use gluten free if required)
- 120ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut butter (or nut butter of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha
- 8 blueberries
- 4 blackberries
- 30g nutty granola (refined sugar free)
Note: use raw organic ingredients where possible. With regard to the matcha, the ceremonial grade is the best (while it is more expensive, there is only a small amount required for this recipe).
- Blend banana, oats, nut butter and milk.
- Once smooth, pour 30ml into a mixing bowl, mix the matcha powder in to the mixing bowl, stir well with a fork or whisk and leave to one side.
- Add the cacao into the blender and give the remaining mixture one last blitz.
- Pour cacao smoothie into your breakfast bowl.
- To make the hearts, grab a teaspoon and place small circular dollops of the matcha mix around the outer edge of the smoothie. Space out the dollops.
- Use one spike of the fork or a knife and swipe through the centre of the dollops (*Taa Daa* - beautiful hearts).
- Place your berries and granola in the middle of the bowl.