- 50g cooked pumpkin
- 75g oats
- 250ml oat mylk*
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- A dollop of coconut milk yoghurt (optional)
*An alternative, either dairy or non-dairy, would no doubt work just as well.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin taking all of the seeds out.
- Steam the pumpkin pieces in a saucepan. Simply put the pumpkin pieces into your pan, cover with water and put the lid on. Steam until they are soft - this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Mash the pumpkin pieces with a fork, weigh out 50g and mix in the cinnamon and then set aside.
- Make your porridge. I make mine in a pan with non-dairy milk. I literally put the oats and mylk into a pan until it starts to bubble. I don't add any sweeteners or additional ingredients while the porridge is cooking - I always save that until the end.
- Once your porridge is cooked, mix in the pumpkin, honey and the coconut oil. If you fancy, you could always add more cinnamon for extra spice.
- Pour into your bowl.
- Sprinkle with your favourite toppings.
I used almond butter, a tangerine and cacao nibs.
Any left over pumpkin can be placed in the fridge and used later for more yumminess.