- 75g oats (use gluten free if desirable)
- 170g plant based mylk (I used almond)
- 2 tsp flaxseeds (I used milled flaxseeds)
- 1/2 tsp Mawish Food Liquid Gold
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 vanilla pod
- 1/2 tsps Canadian maple syrup (optional)
You will need a bowl or some form of tupperware that you can cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Place oats, flaxseeds, Liquid Gold, cinnamon, and seeds from the vanilla pod into your bowl.
- Mix in the mylk and stir well.
- Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge to set overnight.
- When ready for breakfast, scoop into your breakfast jar or bowl.
NOTE: if you would prefer the oats to be a little sweeter, you could add the maple syrup. Keep in mind that the yumminess you serve with it will also have sugar.
Options for breakfast
There are many ways you could use this for breakfast.
For those on the go, you could use a breakfast jar and layer the oats with a fruit compote and top with with extra seeds, a refined sugar free granola, fresh fruit and / or nut butter.
Energy ball crumble
One of my favourites was to top the oats with berries, nut butter and crumbled energy ball.