Makes approximately 10
Crunchy base & date entre
- 80g Peanut Butter Me Up or Nutty Nosh granola (available from our online shop)
- 20g raw organic coconut oil
- 6 dates
- 20g cacao butter
- 10g cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- Use a muffin tray and fill with muffin cases.
- Place granola in a food processor and ground into a flour.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with the grounded granola.
- Take 1 teaspoon of the granola mix at a time, place into each muffin case and press down with your index finger to make it nice and even.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Next, place the dates into hot water for 20 minutes.
- Once the dates have softened, remove the stones and mash them with a fork.
- Remove the bases from the freezer and top each base with a teaspoon dates. Again, press the mix down to make it even.
- For the chocolate top: place the cacao butter in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with heated water (NOTE: If possible, do not let the ingredients heat over 42 degrees celsius. This is to preserve its nutrients. If you have a thermometer, use it to check the temperature). Once melted, leave to one side).
- Once the cacao butter has melted, mix in the rest of the ingredients (use a fork or a whisk to ensure there are no lumps from the cacao powder).
- Use a teaspoon to add the chocolate to the top of your Peanut Caramel Slices.
- Place in the freezer for a further 45 minutes.